To connect EMERGE App to your Magento Channel, few configurations are required to setup for roles, permissions and OAuth Consumer key and Secret Key. Below is a sample of information you must have to connect your store to EMERGE App:
Store Name: My Magento Store Name on EMERGE App
Main URL: http://petultra.com
Store View URL: http://petultra.com/en
Back Office URL: http://petultra.com/admin
Consumer Key: 555fbff27495822563078eb7145d1111
Consumer Secret: 77763d5107dda9caa21d78f8a9f11111
Store Currency: SGD
By following below steps you will be able to configure your Magento Channel for integration and you will have that information:
- Creating oAuth Consumer
EMERGE App connects to your store using Magento REST services that is working only with oAuth authentication, we need to create oAuth consumer application first.
Navigate to System->Web Services ->REST oAuth Consumers. OAuth Consumers grid is shown. We can register any number of Consumers in Magento that can be used by various third party oAuth clients to access our Magento resources.
- Click on “Add New” button to add new Consumer Application.
- On “New Consumer” screen insert some custom name.
- Key and Secret fields are disabled, and we just need to copy their values somewhere in text file for later usage (We need them for our oAuth authorization in order to be able to consume REST from Magento).
- We can leave the Callback URL and Rejected Callback URL fields empty for now.
- Save Consumer app.
Creating and configuring Admin roles
You need to create permissions for specific user type in order user to be able to consume our Magento REST service and access necessary resources.
Let’s navigate to System -> Web Services -> REST Roles. REST Roles grid is shown with two user types by default:
Let’s say, for example, that we are going to use the Magento REST service for updating Products and Customers, and we need Admin permissions for that. We don’t want to enable either Guest or Customer user to be able to do that.
Let’s create new Admin role.
- Click on “Add admin Role” button at top right corner. “Add new Role” screen is shown.
- In the field “Role name” enter for example “Administrator”.
- Click on “Role API resources” tab on the left.
“Role Resources” screen is shown and here we need to check specific permissions that our Administrator user will have on specific resource. Of course, we have an option to select “All”, but be careful with that.
- Click on “Save Role” button at top right corner of the screen.
Configuring resource attributes and access permissions
Navigate to System->Web Services ->REST attributes.
Here we have grid with three user types listed:
- Let’s click on “Admin” in order to configure REST resource attributes that Admin will be allowed to access.
- Under “User type resources” screen, select resources that Admin user type can access or select “All“.
- Click on “Save” button at the top-right corner.
Assigning configured Admin REST Role to existing admin user
Ok, we configured everything to be able to use Magento REST services.
we did everything to configure resources for Admin user type and now we need to assign any user to this roles.
- Navigate to System->Permissions->Users. “Users” grid is shown with list of registered Magento site Administrators
- Click on some admin user from list in order to open “Edit user” screen.
- There is a tab named “REST role” on the left. Click on it and a list of Admin type roles is shown on the screen.
- Click on “Assigned” radio box near that role name.
- Save User.
You have successfully assigned the admin user to be able to access REST resources on our Magento.
The last step is to get your store main URL, Store View URL, Admin URL
- The main URL is where your home page is located.
- The Store View URL can be obtained from a product detail page.
- The Store Back Office URL is the URL used for admin to login.
Congratulations, your store is ready to connect, please note done required information and fill our form of connecting store to start syncing your channel to EMERGE App.